BikeCAD uses the threadless stem standard for defining stem angle. To measure the angle of a stem, we place the stem on a horizontal surface and measure the angle that the stem rises above the horizontal. Because most treadless stems are reversible, a stem with a 10Â° rise could be flipped around to serve as a stem with a 10Â° drop. In BikeCAD, a stem with drop could be attained by assigning a negative value to stem angle. Some examples of stem angles are shown below. Notice that in the example on the right, although the stem is now mounted on a bike with a 73Â° head angle, the stem angle is still measured as though the stem collar is placed on a horizontal surface.
Active forum topics
- Looks like it was a fun trip. 7 hours 31 min ago
- Showing disc tabs and canti bosses with canti brakes showing 1 day 19 hours ago
- Oh jeez I have been doing it 2 weeks 1 day ago
- Bottom up fixture numbers 2 weeks 1 day ago
- Hello Brent 2 weeks 4 days ago