A friend just pointed out the new rack design feature. I played with it a little bit and thought that I'd offer a few comments. I do want to say that it is a nice new feature, and will help people visualize the bikes more.
1) On front porteur and handlebar bag racks it is common to measure down to the eyelets from the fork crown instead of up from the dropouts. It would be nice if this were offered. Nitto and Velo-Orange handlebar racks and Haulin' Colin Porteur racks all measure this way for instance.
2) It would be nice to provide FY (coming down from the crown though) and height over the tire/fender and have BikeCAD compute H. Right now there is a juggling act between the three.
3) FX should be offset from the center of the blade (to put the eyelet in the center of the blade or the front) instead of offset from some portion of the rack. That way rake can be changed without moving this around to make things right.
4) Most rack intersections don't turn into bungie hooks. It would be nice to be able to add stay that just terminate at the mounting tabs or at another stay. I can get close with these parameters:
R1 = 0, YA = 1 (note that YA = 0 has some sort of drawing bug), RA = 0, HA = 0.
5) Backstop angle should default to HTA or to 90, those are the two most common options used on custom racks.
Finally, it would be great to be able to draw forks with fork crowns, instead of sort of hacking it with unicrown fork designs.
Thanks for listening,