BikeCAD Pro version 9.0 is released December 5, 2012 and includes the following enhancements.
- Model a chain or belt drive.
- Adjust the position of the axle in track style or sliding dropouts.
- New Display dialog box with added ability to control the display of dimensions and notes.
- Open and save designs online.
- Fork length can be controlled in two ways. Use dimension L for the distance from the axle to the crown measured parallel to the steerer tube. Use dimension AC for the direct distance from the axle to the crown.
- There is no longer a limit on the number of on-screen notes that can be created.
- Control handlebar clamp diameter in the stem.
- Serotta inspired font bundled in both BikeCAD and BikeCAD Pro.
- By default, scrolling the mouse wheel down zooms in, and scrolling the mouse wheel up, zooms out. This behaviour can now be reversed as described here.
- You can now model a seatpost clamp, seatpost binder boss, or wedge.
- Offset rear dropouts for improved chain/ tire clearance on fat bikes.
- Updated profiles for newer Shimano and SRAM brake levers.
- Arrange boxes to determine the ideal placement of S & S couplings.
- Display water bottle bosses with M5 cap screws.
- Account for the need to partially or fully mitre the top tube to the downtube on smaller frames.
- Model hooded dropouts.
- Display the Length of seatpost insertion.
- Display the angle from the BB to top of seat tube.
BikeCAD Pro version 9.15, released January 25th 2013, includes the following enhancements.
- Option to remove seat stays or chain stays.
- Several standard components added to saddle, wheels and cranks menus.
- Control the angle of the caliper brake hole in fork.
- New dimension locating brake hole from top of fork crown.
- New dimensions showing distance from saddle to pedals.
- Fixes issue with handling large values of Z in seat stay dialog box in version 9.0.
BikeCAD Pro version 9.16, released February 1st 2013, includes the following enhancements.
- Length attribute added to library of standard cranks.
- Problem curves checker extended to account for handlebars as well.
- Fixes issue which corrupted non-drive side seat stay miter template in version 9.15.
If you purchased BikeCAD Pro online from the new BikeCAD.ca web site, you should be able to login to their account and download version 9.0 as described here. For info on updating BikeCAD Pro while maintaining your previous configuration see here.
If you purchased BikeCAD Pro from the old bikeforest.com site, you are encouraged to register for a free account on the new BikeCAD.ca site. Once you've done that let me know and I will manually change your status to BikeCAD Pro owner and grant you access to download BikeCAD Pro from within your BikeCAD.ca account. However, notices about new updates of BikeCAD Pro will continue to be distributed through the BikeCAD Pro Updates Google group which all BikeCAD Pro customers are encouraged to join. Please subscribe by entering your e-mail address in the text field below.
|Subscribe to BikeCAD Pro updates