BikeCAD Pro version 10 was released October 1, 2013. Version 10 includes the following enhancements:
- Several ease of use improvements.
- Display bicycle brand logos. Full listing of logos is at: bikecad.ca/cycling_dingbats.
- Export multi-model PDFs.
- Model ovalized tubes.
- Disc brakes
- Lefty forks and inverted suspension forks
- Option to model seatmast.
- Assign unique colours to seatpost top clamp and machined sidewalls on rims.
- Enhanced auxiliary views of seat stays and chain stays.
- Control cleat position by distance from pedal axle to toe.
- Control chainrings by chainline dimension.
- Ability to model headset with internal upper cup and external lower cup.
- Display dimension line weight independent of outline thickness.
- Adjust decal angle.
- Adjust decal text by percentage of height, not just percentage of width.
- Independently control drive side and non-drive side hub flange diameters, spoke hole offset in rim and cross patterns.
- Option to model chainguards in drivetrain dialog box.
- Decals added to seat stays and head tube.
- Miter templates are exported to a single PDF file.
- Miter templates account for ovalized tubes.
- CSV file reports whether or not top tube intersects with down tube.
Version 10 includes several new dimensions including:
- Down tube - top tube interior angle
- Rear axle to tail of saddle (X)
- Wheel flop
Version 10.5 was released January 19, 2014. Version 10.5 includes the following enhancements:
- Option to control the saddle position or saddle clamp position by X and Y coordinates.
- Option to directly control front end geometry by stack and reach.
- Saddle rail slider has been enhanced with a dimensional input field.
- Copy and paste frame and component colors.
- Tabbing between input fields will update model.
- Additional brand logos added.
- BCAD files store color data with greater efficiency (smaller file size).
- Chain stay and seat stay bridge dimensions included in CSV file.
- Ease of use improvements introduced in version 10 have been enhanced to account for changing colors in most paint schemes.
- Option to show both disc tabs and cantilever brake bosses, but only have one type of brake installed.
Version 10.51 was released January 23, 2014. Version 10.51 is a minor update with the following changes:
- Fixes issue version 10.5 had with reading in transparency settings for colors.
- Down tube miter templates were changed so that the seam on the front template lines up on the same side of the tube as the seam on the rear template.
- Additional brand logos added.
If you purchased BikeCAD Pro online from the new BikeCAD.ca web site, you should be able to login to their account and download version 10.51 as described here. For info on updating BikeCAD Pro while maintaining your previous configuration see here.
If you purchased BikeCAD Pro from the old bikeforest.com site, you are encouraged to register for a free account on the new BikeCAD.ca site. Once you've done that let me know and I will manually change your status to BikeCAD Pro owner and grant you access to download BikeCAD Pro from within your BikeCAD.ca account. However, notices about new updates of BikeCAD Pro will continue to be distributed through the BikeCAD Pro Updates Google group which all BikeCAD Pro customers are encouraged to join. Please subscribe by entering your e-mail address in the text field below.
|Subscribe to BikeCAD Pro updates|
JINSEOKYANG replied on Permalink
update....i dont know how
i dont understand how to update file downroad.
Brent replied on Permalink
You can always download the latest version of BikeCAD from your account as described at: bikecad.ca/downloading_bikecadpro. There are instructions for copying preferences over from older versions at: bikecad.ca/updating_bikecad_pro.